Winter weddings at Kaleo
Winter a lingering season~ is a time to gather golden moments,
embark on a sentimental journey and enjoy every idle hour.
The Koue Bokkeveld is known for it's extremely cold winters, yet so beautiful. Lately winter is the new trendy season to declare your vows. Over the three years we experienced an increase in weddings at Kaleo.
Tips for winter weddings:
- Keep yourself and guests warm during your special day. Sherry is the most important aspect for your wedding day!
- Brides invest in winter accessories such as long sleeve wedding dress and don't forget your fur stole.
- Velvet is so trendy so why not a velvet blazer for the groom and his party.
- Inform your guests before-hand about how cold it can get at Kaleo.
- Adjust your photoshoot due to we have no contol over mother nature- whether the weather may differ. Speak with your photographer and make sure he/she knows the area and spots in case it rains or windy.
- Blankets as a thank you gifts for your guests is a good option. Or blankets for guests at the pre-drink area is also a good idea.
- Candles give a romantic and warm atmosphere.
- Hot beverages is also a good idea to have from the beginning of your wedding day.
- Inform your guests regarding the roads it might be wet and slippery so they will add some extra time to arrive on time.